Article Processing Charges (APC)
Social Geography is committed to the Open Access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication and long term archiving. These service charges are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication in the discussion forum, while the publication in the journal is then free of charge.
||The discussion paper style leads to three times more pages than the classic manuscript style.
Rule of thumb: discussion pages = characters / 1,900 + # tables + # figures
||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package
||WORD submissions using the Copernicus Publications WORD Template
||LaTeX submissions causing higher expenditure of work due to any LaTeX style and/or difficulties with tables/figures
||WORD submissions causing higher expenditure of work due to any WORD style and/or difficulties with tables/figures
|Copy-Editing for English (Details): Free for Final Revised Papers, €3 net / page for Discussion Papers
What is included in the Article Processing Charges?
- All online tools for authors and reviewers;
- Professional processing of figures and movies;
- Typesetting, editing and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for Final Revised Papers;
- Immediate Open Access publication of each article;
- Article alert service;
- Inclusion in the Copernicus Online Library;
- Indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- Long-term e-archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS as well as printed archiving via copyright libraries worldwide.